- Frozen drain tube
- Food particles clogged in drain tube
- Drain heater failure
- Temperature or performance issues
- Clean a freezer drain tube if it is frozen, clogged, or dirty
- Freezer drawer slides are covered in ice
- Freezer continues to frost over after unit has been defrosted
- Ice forming on side of freezer wall, covering slides or drawers
- Freezer drain tube requires frequent cleaning
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Fix error codes, messages, or service indicators first.
- Make sure condenser is clean; see Clean the Condenser.
- Verify temperatures are properly set using Refrigerator and Freezer Temperature Settings.
- Inspect door/drawer gasket for damage and replace if needed.
- Replace gasket if needed, contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- Defrost freezer section, see Manually Defrost a Sub-Zero for instructions.
- For 500 and 600 Series units, see 500 or 600 Series Freezer Drain Tube Cleaning.
- If these steps do not resolve the issue or if the issue consistently returns, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- The freezer drain tube is not accessible to clean.
- Freezer drain tube is most often frozen, not clogged, if it is blocked.
- Do not disconnect the drain tube.
- Do not to put anything down the tube such as a brush or wire. It could pierce the tube and lead to a larger problem.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820