- Warm freezer temperatures
- Ice maker issue
- What can be done to fix hollow ice cubes?
- Icemaker produces small ice cubes
- Small or hollow ice
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Verify no service messages, icons, or error codes appear.
- Verify the freezer temperature is below 5°F.
- Temperatures above 5°F can affect ice maker performance.
- Sub-Zero recommends 0°F freezer temperature.
- Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
- Verify unit's condenser has been cleaned within the last 3-6 months. Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
- Ensure there are no recent plumbing or water pressure issues in the home.
- If water pressure in the home is fine, sediment in the house supply line can decrease pressure to the unit.
- If installed, ensure the in-line water filter is not expired.
- Some models have water filters built in, and some may have external water filters connected to them.
- For undercounter ice maker UC-15I, refer to UC-15I Ice Maker Cube Size.
See also, Ice Maker Does Not Make Ice
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820