Sub-Zero Sabbath Mode and Star-K Information
Most Sub-Zero and Wolf products with electronic control panels have a Sabbath Mode feature when sold.
Sabbath Mode turns off the ice maker system, and door alarm and prevents them from turning on again while the unit is in Sabbath Mode.
- Depending on model, the interior lights turn off, or go into a constant dim setting for the Sabbath mode.
- Refer to the model specific Sabbath Mode links below for more information.
Star-K compliance requires strict adherence to Star-K guidelines. Some products may require a Sabbath Mode kit to make the product Star-K compliant.
- In the event of a power failure, when power returns, the unit will return to this mode.
- Visit Star-K Online for the most up-to-date listing of Star-K compliant appliances and requirements to meet Star-K standards.
For information about other products, see also:
To determine a unit's model number, refer to Sub-Zero Serial Tag Locations.
The following products have Star-K compliant Sabbath Mode as a standard feature and do not require a kit.
- Classic (BI) Series Sabbath Mode (SAb)
- Designer (IT, IC, ID) Sabbath Mode
- PRO 36 and PRO 48 Sabbath Mode
- 648PRO Sabbath Mode
- Designer Undercounter (DEU) Refrigeration and Wine Storage Sabbath Mode
- Undercounter Wine (UW) Sabbath Mode
- UC 24 Sabbath Mode
The following products have a Sabbath Mode, but require a Sabbath Mode accessory kit to be Star-K compliant.
See Sub-Zero Accessory Sabbath Mode Kit Installation for more information on Sabbath Mode kits.
- Sub-Zero recommends that the Star-K Sabbath Mode kit be installed by a service technician.
- Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for installation.
Products Without Sabbath Mode
Only the Sub-Zero product lines listed above have a Sabbath Mode available on the manufactured product. Other products do not have Sabbath Mode, including but not limited to:
- 500 Series
- UC-15I Undercounter Ice Makers
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820