- Water leaking or spraying from water filter cartridge
- New water filter cartridge is installed, and water is leaking or spraying from the filter
- Sub-Zero leaking water after a new filter installation, but stopped leaking after the filter was removed
- Water is leaking or spraying from a new water filter or water manifold
- Cannot install a new water filter without having water leak or spray
- Why is water leaking or spraying from the water filter?
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Remove water filter from the water filter manifold. See How to Remove Water Filter.
- Verify the o-ring gaskets are in place on the filter prong(s). Filter may leak if they are out of place.
- Inspect the water filter cartridge for cracks or damage.
- If cartridge is cracked or damaged, contact the Sub-Zero Customer Care Team at (800) 222-7820, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST.
- Do not discard the water filter cartridge. It may be requested for inspection.
- If cartridge is NOT cracked or damaged, it is normal for a small amount (several drops) of water to spill out of the water filter during replacement.
- Install the water filter. See How to Replace Water Filter.
- If water leak resumes, find the water supply shut-off valve and turn the water supply off then remove the water filter from the manifold. Service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- See also, Water Line Shut-Off Valve Location.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820