Clean Electric and Induction Glass Cooktops
- What is the best way to clean a glass cooktop?
- What is the best product to use when cleaning a glass cooktop?
- How to clean a spill on a glass cooktop
- Water mark, metal mark, cloudy appearance, or white discoloration on the glass cooktop
To clean a glass cooktop:
- Allow the unit to cool.
- Apply one teaspoon of non-abrasive Ceran cooktop cleaner to the surface.
- Units ship with a sample of Elco® cooktop cleaning cream. Refer to Elco Glass Cooktop Cleaner for more information. This link includes the part number for the cleaner.
- Elco® cooktop cleaning cream is not available online. It is only available for purchase from the Factory Certified Parts Distributor in your area.
- Wipe with a clean, lightly dampened cloth or blue Scotch-Brite™ pad.
- Rinse the cloth or pad with water and clean the surface again to remove any remaining residue.
- Wipe the glass cooktop surface with a dry cloth to remove any remaining moisture.
- For heavy or burnt-on spills and spills with high sugar content, use a razor blade scraper to remove debris so the top does not pit.
- Use a razor blade scraper to move the spill to a cool area for cleaning after the cooktop cools.
- Use gently at first, and apply more force as needed.
- The Ceran glass top is very resistant to scratching from a razor blade.
- See Electric and Induction Cooktop Installation Parts and Kits for cleaner and scraper part numbers.
- Use vinegar for hard water spill-over stains.
- A "magic eraser" along with baking soda or vinegar may be used to clean hard water stains from the cooktop.
- Never wipe a warm or hot surface with a damp cloth or sponge, as this may cause damage to the surface.
- The Ceran glass cooktop surface is very resistant to marks and stains, but not impervious.
- Permanent marks or stains are rare but possible, but will not affect the performance of the cooktop.
- Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information. For cleaning product examples and instructions, also refer to the Wolf Cleaning Guide.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820