Downdraft or Low Profile Cooktop Hood Internal to Remote Blower Conversion
- Can a 9" rise Downdraft (DDxxR) convert to an internal blower if it came with a remote blower?
- Can an internal blower motor on a Downdraft (DDxxI) or CTE Low Profile Cooktop Hood use a remote blower instead?
- Can a Downdraft or CTE Low Profile Cooktop Hood use a remote blower instead of an internal blower?
A 9" Downdraft (Model DDxxI) or CTE Series Low Profile Cooktop Hood sold and configured with an internal blower cannot be converted to use an in-line or remote blower.
- A 9" Downdraft (Model DDxxR) or CTE Series Low Profile Cooktop Hood sold and configured with an in-line or remote blower cannot be converted for use with an internal blower motor.
- A different style "J-box" is used in the manufacturing process, differentiating the internal blower for the in-line or remote blower units.
- The appropriate "J-box" is not available for either product as a service part to change the configuration of the ventilation unit.
- This does not apply to the 14" Rise Downdraft. Refer to 14" Downdraft Blower Options for more information.
- See also, Remote Blower Installed on Side or Upside Down.
- Refer to Wolf Hood to Blower Compatibility Guide for more information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820