Steamer Module General Information
- How long does it take to steam?
- How are the best results achieved with the Steamer Module (IS15)?
- Can the IS15/S be used as a slow cooker or crock pot?
- How much fluid does the Steamer Module hold?
- What are the dimensions of the insert pans?
- What is the distance of the handle from the glass lid? The countertop?
Steamer Module, model IS15/S, provides the ability to proof bread dough, melt chocolate, hold stews for long periods of time and steam rice and a variety of foods without losing nutrients or flavor.
- The Steamer Module should be filled with room temperature tap water.
- If it is filled with hot water (about 110° or hotter) the unit may start up in the maintain heat mode instead of preheat, which would result in the unit taking longer to heat up.
Steamer Module Features
- 10 cups (normal use) takes 6-7 min. to steam on high.
- 16 quarts (pasta) takes 16 min. to steam on high.
- The maximum temperature for the Steamer is 212°F.
- Can be used as a slow cooker for 8-10 hours.
- Insert pans are 3"x10"x10" approximately 5 quarts, one solid and one perforated.
- The steamer itself can hold a minimum of 3 quarts water and a max of 6 quarts.
- The distance from the handle to the top of the glass lid is 1 1/4 inches.
- The distance from the top of the counter to the top of the handle is 2 3/4 inches.
- CSA Certified for US and Canada.
- For best results with steamer cooking, turn the steamer on HIGH until the water begins to steam, then reduce the heat setting to avoid moisture and water droplets coming out the sides of the steamer lid and onto the countertop.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820