Replace a Convection Microwave with a Standard Microwave
- What Integrated Standard Microwave replaces MWC24 Convection Microwave?
- Can a Convection Microwave be replaced with a Standard Microwave?
- Installation differences between the old Convection Microwave and new Standard Microwave
- What changes have to be made when replacing MC24 with MS24?
- What are the differences in opening depth, width, and height of old and new Convection Microwaves?
- Convection Microwave to Standard Microwave compatibility
Replacing a MWC24 with a MS24 requires an opening modification. The height requirements are different.
- Convection Microwave trim kits do not fit Standard Microwaves. A new trim kit is required.
- There is no 36" L Series trim kit available for a Standard Microwave.
- Convection Microwaves are taller than Standard Microwaves.
- Standard Microwaves use microwave heat only. Trays and racks from Convection Microwaves will not work in a Standard Microwave.
Refer to the following chart for installation differences.
|Standard Installation with Trim||Flush Inset Installation with Trim||Electrical|
E and L Series Trim
Electrical supply requirements are the same for both convection and standard: 120 V AC, 60 Hz, 15 amp circuit.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820