- Possible jammed ice cube
- Low water pressure
- Frozen ice maker fill tube
- Warm freezer temperature
- Water valve energized longer than fifteen seconds
- Ice maker not making enough ice
- No ice production
- Ice maker not working with the ice bucket removed
- Icemaker troubleshooting
- Ice maker does not make ice
Steps to Verify Issue:
- After the unit is turned on, wait 24 hours for ice production. It may take this long to see ice cubes in the ice bucket.
- Verify ice maker is turned on.
|Product||How to Turn Ice Maker On or Off||With Ice Maker on|
|Built-In Series (BI)||Press the Ice Maker key.|| |
Single ice cube
|Integrated||See How to Turn Integrated Ice Maker On or Off.||In options menu, ice cube(s)|
highlighted if on
|600 Series||Press the Ice ON/OFF key.||The word "Ice"|
|700 Series*||Press the Ice ON/OFF key.||The word "Ice"|
|648PRO||Press the Ice Maker key.||Ice cubes falling into a bucket|
|500 Series|| |
For other 500 Series, verify proper ice bucket installation.
|200 / 300 Series||Verify proper ice bucket installation.||N/A|
* Original 700 Series units do not have an Ice ON/OFF key. The ice maker is turned off by removing the ice bucket.
Note: When the ice maker is turned on, water may not flow into the mold immediately.
- Verify service messages, icons, or error codes are not displayed. If so, resolve them. If "Service Ice" is flashing, the water valve was energized longer than fifteen seconds, and the ice maker system is disabled. See also:
- Confirm freezer temperature is at or below 5°F. Warm temperatures affect ice maker performance.
- Sub-Zero recommends 0°F freezer temperature.
- See also, Warm Freezer Troubleshooting.
- Verify the condenser is clean. See Clean the Condenser for details.
- Change water filters as often as recommended, typically every 6-12 months (Built-In, Integrated, and PRO48).
- See Built-In Water Filter Replacement Indicator or 648PRO Water Filter for more information.
- Some use and care guides incorrectly state the water filter replacement icon flashes when spent.
- If installed, ensure the inline water filter is not expired. See Inline Water Filters.
- See also:
- Ensure the ice bucket is properly installed. It must make contact with the switches behind it to operate. In Over/Under and Drawer models, the bucket or basket engages the ice maker switch when the drawer is closed.
- Ensure ice maker shut-off arm is in the down position.
- Turn unit off, and if arm is up, push down gently.
- The ice maker arm only moves an inch.
- See also, Ice Maker Control Arm Will Not Lower.
- Ensure the ice maker white plastic rudder arm is attached to the shut-off arm and reattach if needed. If broken or cracked, replace the ice maker shut-off arm.
- Verify water supply to the unit is turned on. Refer to Water Line Shut Off Valve Location for details.
- Ensure the ice maker is free of obstructions or jammed ice cubes. Use a hair dryer aimed toward the fill tube and ice mold on low for 5-10 minutes to free stuck ice cubes.
- Verify ice maker water fill tube is not obstructed. See Ice Maker Fill Tube Frozen.
- After freeing obstructions, turn the unit off and then on again to reset.
- If ice production stops often with the use of a reverse osmosis system or well water, a pressure booster or regulator may improve performance. Contact the reverse osmosis provider or speak with a plumber for suggestions.
- See also, Sub-Zero with Reverse Osmosis Water System.
- Reseat the water filter (if present) by removing and reinstalling it. See Remove Water Filter for instructions.
- Reset the water filter if applicable. See also:
- Let 24 hours pass and check for ice production.
- See also:
- Ice Maker YouTube Videos - instruct how to remove/install white plastic rudder arm
- 700 Series Ice Bucket Requirement
- 650-611-550-511 Ice Maker Control Arm
- Undercounter Ice Maker Troubleshooting
- Ice Production after Bucket Removal
- Ice Clumping Together in Ice Bucket
- UC-24CI Ice Production and Bucket Capacity
- Undercounter Ice Maker 315I Ice Production and Capacity
- Ice Production and Ice Bucket Capacity
- Blue or Green Ice Cubes or White Flecks in Ice
Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820