- Can a glass door be changed or swapped to a solid panel door?
- Are stainless solid doors an option for glass door models?
- What color is the inside of a solid door for a glass door unit?
- Should the hinge be specified when a solid overlay door, part number 7005924, is used?
- Part number 7005924, 7012489, 7012490, 7012507, 7012508, 7031923, 7031924, 7031925, 7031926, 7031927, 7031928, 7031929, 7031930
The following glass door models cannot be converted to have a solid door:
- 600 Series glass door models
- Classic glass door models
- 648PRO (nor can a solid door be swapped to a glass door)
- PRO3650, and PRO4850 (nor can a solid door be swapped to a glass door)
- Wrapped stainless steel door, designated by an S in the model number
Applicable to all solid door conversions:
Sub-Zero Recommends that Factory Certified Service replaces the door.
- Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for door replacement.
- The panel dimensions do not change for a solid door.
- The panel is made without the cutout for where the glass panel would have been.
- Refer to the Sub-Zero Design Guide for further installation information.
- Wine Storage units must be above serial number 3100000 to apply a solid door option.
- All door liners for solid door replacements are black.
- Solid overlay doors do not have door shelves.
- Sub-Zero recommends that Factory Certified Service is used to install the door.
- Costs to replace the new door are the responsibility of the customer.
- High altitude glass doors may also be replaced with a solid overlay door for models listed.
- This does not include changing any stainless steel model to a solid stainless door.
- Below is a chart indicating the correct solid door part number to order by model and hinge:
|Model||Solid Door Part #||Notes|
(RH or LH)
|IW-18 (RH)||7031923|| |
|IW-18 (LH)||7031924|| |
|IW-24 (RH)||7031925|| |
|IW-24 (LH)||7031926|| |
|IW-27 (RH)||7012507|| |
|IW-27 (LH)||7012508|| |
|IW-30 (RH)||7031927|| |
|IW-30 (LH)||7031928|| |
|IW-30R and IW-30C (RH)||7031929|| |
|IW-30R and IW-30C (LH)||7031930|| |
See also, Wine Storage Solid Door Weight Limits.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820