- How to clean stainless steel burner pan
- Stainless steel burner pan discolored
- Cleaning heat stains from CG Gas Cooktop burner pan
To clean stainless steel and platinum, follow these steps:
- Allow the burner pans to cool.
- Use a lint-free or microfiber cloth and a stainless steel cleaner to remove any food stains.
- To remove burn marks or heat stains from stainless steel, apply Penny Brite® cleaning paste to a sponge and lightly rub with the grain until the burn marks are gone.
- Wipe any remaining residue with a clean, damp cloth or sponge.
- Apply a polish to maintain luster and protect the surface from future food stains.
- Always apply cleaner and polish in the same direction as the grain.
- Follow cleaner package instructions.
- If cleaning tips below do not work, spot or baked-on spills are likely permanent.
If anything unusual is spilled on the stainless, the stain may be permanent. Try the following cleaning tips:
- Ammonia can be used to clean stainless steel.
- After using ammonia, the surface should be cleaned with a damp cloth and thoroughly dried to prevent hazing.
- There is no solution ratio for ammonia. If the solution is too strong (odor is present), dilute with water as needed.
- For better results, keep the cloth in continuous contact with the stainless steel or platinum.
- White vinegar or rubbing alcohol can be used to clean hard water stains.
- Mold will not grow on stainless steel.
- Food spills and other material on a stainless steel surface can cause mold to grow.
- Follow the same recommended cleaning suggestions to remove mold growth.
- Do not use bleach to clean mold. It will discolor stainless steel.
If the stainless steel has a permanent stain, service is need to replace the stainless steel burner pan, if desired. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820