- Do ducts come with Wolf Ventilation systems?
- Does Wolf sell or provide ventilation ductwork?
- Is using smaller than 10" round diameter ductwork a fire hazard?
- Does Wolf sell or provide roof or wall caps?
- What specific roof or wall cap should be used with a Wolf Ventilation Hood?
- Can flexible metal ducting be used?
- Is single wall or double wall ducting needed?
Ventilation ductwork is not provided with Wolf Ventilation systems, nor does Wolf sell ventilation ductwork.
- Ductwork can be purchased from most local hardware, home improvement stores, or HVAC suppliers.
- Ducting may be a special order item in some locations.
- Do not use flexible metal ducting.
- Flexible metal ducting will increase air resistance and is not recommended by the National Uniform Mechanical Code Standards.
- Wolf does not specify the exact style, type or brand of roof, or wall cap needed for a ventilation system.
- Wolf does not sell roof or wall caps.
- Roof or wall caps can be purchased from most local hardware, home improvement stores, or HVAC suppliers.
- It may be a special order item in some locations.
- Municipality requirements may be more restrictive than Wolf's recommendations. Refer to local code for specific information.
- Use of smaller than recommended diameter ductwork will not create a fire hazard. However, a smaller duct will move less air, which may hinder ventilation performance (for example, more carbon monoxide, smoke, or odors in the home).
- Single wall ducting is adequate.
For further ventilation information, refer to:
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820