- Stainless steel on Sub-Zero or Wolf rusted or pitted
- How to remove rust from stainless steel
- What causes rusting on stainless steel?
- Can sea salt water cause pitting or rusting on stainless steel?
Steps to Verify Issue:
Stainless steel does not readily corrode, rust, or stain with water as ordinary steel does, but it is not stain-proof, especially with low oxygen, high salinity (salt water), or poor circulation in the environment.
- Clean the affected area. See Clean Stainless Steel and Platinum, Sub-Zero Use and Care Guide, or Wolf Use and Care Guide.
- If cleaning does not remove the rust, very carefully and lightly and with the grain of the stainless steel, use a fine-grain Emery Cloth or Green Scotch-Brite Scouring Pad to remove rust.
- Polish the surface with stainless steel polish like Signature Polish.
- If this does not resolve the issue, the corroded part may need to be replaced.
NOTE: For units exposed to salt water, especially in coastal or tropical areas, rust on parts over time may not be preventable. Care should be taken to prevent exposure to elements.
If there is rust on the enamel oven cavity of a Wolf range or Wall Oven, the porcelain enamel is likely damaged, causing the metal underneath to rust.
- Refer to Oven Porcelain Damage for more information.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order parts, or contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820