- Where to buy humidor humidity packs
- Humidor humidity is low
- Humidor humidity control
- How does a Sub-Zero humidor control humidity?
Humidity Pack Information
Humidity is difficult to control. Most humidors require checking regularly and adding water.
Boveda’s patented humidity packs allow for worry-free humidity control.
- Humidity packets slide into the retainer inside the humidor.
- Boveda packs have a two-way humidity control that absorbs humidity from the air and gives off humidity.
- Humidity packs are a water and salt solution surrounded by a patented gel.
- The pack becomes hard when it is spent.
Designer Wine Storage (IW) products generate ambient humidity.
- In humid climates, lower humidity level packs may be suitable.
- Add an additional pack if humidity is low.
- Packs cannot over-humidify.
Purchase Humidity Packs
Two different humidity packs come with the humidor unit:
Boveda offers multiple levels of packs of 65%, 69%, 72% humidity and more.
- The maximum humidity is the percent on the pack no matter how many packs are used at one time.
- Bovedainc.com has informational videos on the packs, which can be purchased directly from them or some local cigar stores may carry them as well.
- Sub-Zero does not sell additional Boveda packs separately.
- Humidity is dependent on how often the humidor is opened, the relative humidity in the room, and the humidity of the Designer Wine Storage unit.
- Sub-Zero humidors pair with Designer Wine Storage products and should be left in the unit at all times.
If relative humidity is over 75% for a long period, cigars will feel heavy and will be difficult to light.
When the relative humidity drops below 65% for a long period, cigars will dry out.
- Dry cigars will flake and burn fast and too hot.
- A dry cigar will feel crunchy, may be able to hear the leaves crunch as you roll the cigar in your fingers while it is held by your ear.
- After 2 weeks if the humidity is low, repeat the seasoning process and avoid opening the humidor during the seasoning period.
- See also, How to Season a Humidor.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820