- Home plumbing loose connection or leak
- Water valve failure
- Drain pan crack or overfill
- Moisture or condensation
- Water underneath a Sub-Zero refrigerator
- Water leak from under the bottom of a Sub-Zero
- What to do if water leaks below a Sub-Zero
Steps to Verify Issue:
If the amount of water is greater than a pint, it is likely from the water valve on the product or the home plumbing connections to the unit.
Find the water supply shut-off valve and turn the water supply off. The connection may be under the product, in an adjacent cabinet, or in the basement near the utilities. See Water Line Shut-Off Valve Location.
Remove the kickplate at the bottom of the unit. The kickplate is typically held in by two or four screws. There may be a decorative cover over the kickplate. If so, remove it first.
- If the water is leaking from the home plumbing connections, contact a local plumber.
- If water leaks from the water valve on the product, the water valve may need replacement. Factory Certified Service is needed to replace this part.
- If water is overflowing from the drain pan, verify it is properly installed and level.
NOTE: Drain pans are not accessible for these products:
- 700 Series
- Designer (formerly Integrated) Series
- Wine Storage Units
- Undercounter Series
- If water leaks from the drain pan area, the pan may be cracked or broken. Replace the Drain Pan if needed. Genuine Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove parts are available by calling the Factory Certified Parts Distributor in your area.
- If there is a standing puddle, solid stream, or water flow, it may originate from inside the refrigerator or freezer section. See Water Leaking from a Sub-Zero for suggestions.
- If there is water on the door, door hinge, or door gasket, the drain tube may be clogged. See Water Leaking from a Sub-Zero for suggestions.
- If the water leak is still present, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820