Electric Steamer Module Drain Line
- What type of drain is required for the Electric Steamer Module (SM15T, IS15/S) to attach to a sink drain?
- What is the drain connection size?
- Should the drain line be heat resistant?
- What to do if water is leaking from the bottom of the steamer?
The Steamer Module has a 5/8" ID drain outlet. The unit does not require a specific material for the drain but it should be heat resistant. Drain requirements include:
- The drain outlet can connect directly to a heat-resistant drain pipe.
- Drain hose must flow downward to an existing sink drain or tie into that drain. Drain hose will usually attach before the p-trap.
- A separate drain with a free fall may also be installed.
- Always follow local building codes. Consult a plumber for the proper way to plumb the unit.
- If a fixed drain connection is not used, a heat-resistant bucket, minimum 2 gallon capacity, can be positioned under the drain outlet to catch the drain water.
Follow local building codes and a plumber can determine any additional needs. See the Steamer Module Installation Guide for more information.
Customer troubleshooting advice is not available if water is leaking from the steamer. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820