L Series Oven Proof Mode
- Do all L Series Ovens have Proof Mode?
- What was the serial number break for Proof Mode in electric ovens?
- What elements are used to heat the oven in Proof Mode?
- How close can the pan be to the wall of the oven?
- Do you have to preheat the oven when using Proof?
- Proof was added to the 36" L Series Oven December 2003, starting with serial number 11100847.
- Proof was added to 30" L Series Oven January 2004, starting with serial number 11102343.
- No need to preheat for Proof Mode.
- The oven does not allow the temperature to be set above 110°F (45°C) in Proof Mode.
- If the oven is too hot, the oven door should be opened to allow the oven to cool down below 120°F (50°C) to prevent destroying the yeast.
- Touch and hold BAKE for 3 seconds.
- Oven temperature is preset to 85°F (30°C). Touch ENTER to select preset temperature or use number pads to change temperature up to 110°F (45°C), then touch ENTER.
During Proof Mode:
- For best results, place a shallow pan with 1 to 3 cups (.2-.7 L) of boiling hot water on rack position 1 to keep the air moist inside the oven cavity.
- Allow at least 1" between edge of pan and walls of oven.
- Limit frequent door openings to prevent losing heat and lengthening proofing time.
- Proof bread until dough has doubled in bulk. The time it takes for the dough to double in volume varies. Consult the recipe for guidelines.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820