- Steps to clean UC15I Undercounter Ice Maker
- How to clean a UC-15I ice maker
- How to sanitize an Undercounter Ice Maker model UC-15I
Clean and sanitize surfaces that come in contact with the water system every six months.
Note: The door may be left open during the cleaning cycle if desired but water and cleaner may splash out if left open.
To clean the ice maker:
- Pour 4 ounces (115 ml) of undiluted ice machine cleaner into a small cup that will fit behind the lifted ice maker curtain or water shutters. There is no need to use more than 4 oz. of cleaner.
- Press the CLEAN key pad. The ice machine initiates a two-minute harvest to remove remaining ice from the evaporator.
- Remove all ice from the bin.
- Wait three minutes until the CLEAN light flashes.
- Add the prepared cleaner from step 1 by lifting the curtain or water shutters and pouring it into the spray area.
- The ice machine times a ten-minute cleaning cycle followed by eight rinse cycles, then stops after about 30 minutes.
- The CLEAN light will turn off to indicate the cleaning cycle is complete.
- Add 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of undiluted ice machine sanitizer to a small cup.
- Press the CLEAN key pad.
- Wait three minutes until the CLEAN light flashes, then add the sanitizer by lifting the water shutters and pouring into the spray area.
- The ice machine times out a ten-minute sanitizing cycle, followed by eight rinse cycles, and stops after about 30 minutes.
- The CLEAN light will turn off to indicate the sanitizing cycle is complete.
- The ice machine continues from the previous point before the cleaning cycle started. If it was in the ice making cycle, it starts ice making again. If it was in an off cycle, it turns off.
- Sanitize the ice storage bin using a spray bottle with a solution of 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sanitizer to 1 gallon (3.8 L) water and spray all interior surfaces.
- Do not rinse. Allow it to air dry.
- If the full bottle of sanitizer is put into the unit, the first three batches of ice will need to be thrown out.
- If the UC-15I loses power during the clean cycle, run a new clean cycle without adding any cleaner or sanitizer.
- It may be necessary to run a second clean cycle if power was lost early in the cycle.
- Undercounter Ice Maker Cleaning Tips
- Click here for Undercounter Ice Maker Troubleshooting
- UC-15I and 315I Undercounter Ice Maker Cleaning Solution and Sanitizer
- UC-15I(P) First Time Start Up Procedure
- UC-15I and 315I Ice Maker Scoop
Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero and Wolf service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Toll-free (800) 222-7820