- Can tint be applied to a glass door unit to darken the glass?
- Can any material be applied over the glass of a glass door unit?
- Frost, paint, sandblast or wallpaper a glass door
- Can a solid overlay panel cover a glass door?
- Cover a glass door
Sub-Zero does not recommend tinting or covering any portion of the glass on a glass door unit with any material.
- This includes covering the glass with a solid overlay panel, wallpaper, particle board, chalk board, or paint.
- Panel rails and stiles can be increased, however the entire glass door can not be covered by a full panel.
- Sandblasting the glass can be done, however Sub-Zero does not have instructions or tips on how to do so.
- Units are not tested for this type of installation.
- It is possible that covering the glass could cause condensation to form and cause damage to the unit.
- Covering the glass does not void the manufacturer warranty.
- Damage to the unit that is caused by covering the glass will not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
- See Change Sub-Zero Glass Door Models to Solid Door for more information.
Refer to the Sub-Zero Design Guide for additional design specifications.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820