- Can the Convection Steam Oven (CSO) defrost food?
- What mode should be used to defrost meat in a CSO starting with serial #13543126?
- How to defrost food with the touch control CSO
The Steam mode is great for defrosting frozen foods. Using a low steam temperature of 90°F, the steam mode provides the ideal way to defrost foods quickly, easily, and with better results than a microwave.
Both wire racks may be used, and the solid pan should be used to catch any drips from the foods as they defrost.
- Place the frozen foods on the wire racks set on position 2 and 3.
- Place the solid steam oven pan on rack position 1.
- Turn the oven to Steam mode at 90°.
- Check foods after 15 minutes. Continue defrosting if necessary.
Use the Convection Steam Oven to defrost any food you would defrost in a microwave.
- Refer to the Convection Steam Oven Cookbook for more information.
For units with a knob control, refer to Defrost Food in a Convection Steam Oven (Knob Control).
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820