- What material, type of metal is the Wolf griddle made of?
- Are griddles between different Wolf products made of different materials or processes?
- Why is the griddle surface dull, shiny or discolored?
- Griddle flaking or chipping, finish coming off
- Black flecks coming off griddle surface
All Wolf griddles are made of 1/2" thick cold-rolled steel, made of standard steel (not an alloy).
- Dual Fuel Ranges, GR Series Gas Ranges and Sealed Burner Rangetops:
- Griddles are bead blasted during the manufacturing process; this may give the griddle a dull surface appearance.
- R Series Gas Ranges and RT Series Rangetops:
- Griddles were coated in a protective oil during the manufacturing process; this may give the griddle a shiny surface appearance.
- All griddles have a protective coating that should be cleaned off before use. Refer to Cooking with a Griddle for more information.
- Griddle coating is not toxic. Failing to remove protective coating will give food a bad taste.
- The griddle surface will discolor over time; this is normal.
If there are black flecks peeling off and silver can be seen underneath, the griddle needs to be cleaned.
- The griddle surface is made of steel and does not peel or flake off.
- Black flecks are caused by food buildup.
Refer to Clean a Griddle for additional information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820