- Door latch
- Door latch spring, catch, or switch
- Installation issue (drawer or unit is not leveled properly)
- MW24, MWC24, MS24, or MC24 door will not open or close
- Unable to open or close microwave door
- Microwave door or drawer will not stay closed, stuck closed
- Microwave door latch will not lock shut
Steps to Verify Issue:
If the unit is a new installation:
- Make sure the unit is installed properly and leveled. Refer to the product Installation Guide for further information.
- Verify nothing is blocking the door's path from closing properly.
For existing installations:
- If door will not close:
- Make sure the door latch is not locked in the up position. Gently press down on latch to unlock.
- Verify nothing is lodged inside of the door latch catch area. Remove blockage if present.
- Make sure the door switch is not pressed in.
- If door will not open:
- Firmly push the door open pad while lifting up on the lower right corner of the door.
- This is a temporary solution to open the door as needed.
- This is not normal operation. If the door must be opened by lifting up on the corner every time, service is needed.
This information is for side swing door microwaves. For Drawer Microwaves, refer to Microwave Drawer Will Not Open.
- See also, Wolf Microwave Door Hard to Open.
If the microwave door continues to not open or close correctly, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820