- Dirt and food debris around the seals and in the corners of the dishwasher
- Regular use of low temperature programs
- Small amount of water remains to prevent pumps and seals from drying out
- Large amount of dirty water from sink draining into garbage disposal and backing up into drain line
- Dishwasher smells bad
- Odor coming from the dishwasher
- How to rid a dishwasher of a foul odor
- Water pooling creates bad odor
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Clean the dishwasher and disposal a few times per year to keep it clean and odor free. See How to Clean a Dishwasher.
- Clean the seals and in the corners of the dishwasher with a brush and a low foaming cleaner.
- JAWS Slosh Low-Foam Cleaner is an example of a low-foam cleaning product.
- Bleach will cause corrosion on stainless steel.
- Below door is where most food debris is caught.
- Run a program with a higher temperature like Heavy once a month to reduce dishwasher odors.
- Clean the garbage disposal. See Clean Dishwasher Disposal.
- Clean the drain line to the dishwasher and drain pump.
- If standard cleaning does not resolve the odor, Dishwasher Magic is a product for use during an empty cycle to remove odors.
- Leave the door slightly ajar to allow air into the unit after a wash cycle completes to reduce odors.
Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820