Sub-Zero 315I Undercounter Ice Maker Cleaning Instructions
- Steps to clean 315I Undercounter Ice Maker
- How to clean a 315I ice maker
- How to clean out an Undercounter Ice Maker model 315I
- Part 7002609
Sub-Zero recommends cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces that come in contact with the water system every six months.
- 315I cleaner, part number 7002609, is no longer available from Sub-Zero.
- The cleaner is Scotsman Clear1 Scale Remover for Ice Machines.
- The cleaning solution is available through online retailers such as Amazon.
To clean the 315I Ice Maker:
- Open the door and turn the ice maker control knob to OFF.
- Scoop out all of the ice and discard it or save it in an ice chest or cooler.
- Pour four ounces of Sub-Zero ice maker cleaner into the ice maker reservoir.
- Turn the ice maker control to NORMAL, the cycle takes about two hours.
- The Use and Care Guide instructions indicate to turn the control to ON. This is an error.
- The knob has LOW, NORMAL, or HIGH settings. Use NORMAL for the clean cycle.
- After the cycle completes, pour hot water 95˚F–115˚F (35˚C–45˚C) into the ice storage bin to melt the white, frosty ice that formed.
- Mix some ice maker cleaner and hot water use it to scrub any mineral scale off the ice storage bin liner.
- Rinse the liner with hot water.
- Make a sanitizing solution one ounce of household bleach and two gallons of hot 95˚F–115˚F (35˚C–45˚C) water.
- After the ice making system is clean and the ice storage bin is empty, use the sanitizer to wipe the ice storage bin interior.
- Pour some of the sanitizer down the drain and allow it to air dry.
- Use a clean cloth and wipe the interior of the ice storage bin with the sanitizing solution.
- Replace the ice removed in step 2 if desired.
- Wash the ice scoop regularly with soap and water.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820