- V Series VW or VI Black Cooktop Hood shows FG
- F6 shown in display on V Series Black Cooktop Hood controls
- V Series VW or VI Cooktop Hood shows FG
- F6 shown in display on V Series Cooktop Hood controls
Steps to Verify Issue:
Black Glass Hoods
- If FG (which can look like "F6") appears on a black V Series Ventilation Hood, remove and clean the filters using Cooktop Hood Filter Cleaning Instructions.
- Clean the Cooktop Hood aluminum mesh filters every month.
- Clean more often if cooking with grease, frying foods, or wok cooking.
- After installing the filters, hold the DELAY key until "FF" appears to reset the error code.
- If "FG" continues to appear on the hood after these troubleshooting steps are complete, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- See also:
- FG can often look like "F6." There is no error code "F6" on V series hoods.
- Do not operate the ventilation hood without filters. This may cause damage to the blower or other internal components of the hood.
- To reduce risk of grease fire, clean ventilation products frequently.
- Grease should not be allowed to accumulate on the fan or filter.
- Refer to V Series Hood Recirculating Kit for more information.
- See also:
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820