Many things cause temperature problems, including:
- One of several fans in the unit may not work properly.
- Temperature sensors or the thermostat that tells the unit to cool can malfunction.
- A sealed system problem, made up of the major cooling components such as the compressor, evaporator, and condenser.
- A problem with a door seal or gasket.
Only a Factory Certified Service technician can determine the exact cause of a cooling issue.
- What to do when temperatures rise in a wine unit
- High or warm temperatures in a Wine Storage unit
- Why is the Wine Storage unit not cooling or will not hold set temperature?
- Unit does not cool well in warm months or humid, warmer temperatures
Steps to Verify Issue:
For any warm temperatures in a Sub-Zero Wine Storage unit:
- Verify the unit has been turned on for at least 24 hours. If not, wait 24 hours for unit to cool properly. During this period, a new wine unit may only cool one zone at a time. This is normal.
- Clean the Condenser if it has not been done in the last three months.
- Verify there are no error codes or service indicators on the electronic control panel.
- Check the setpoint temperatures for the compartment.
- Remove anything preventing the door from closing.
- Make sure the door was not left ajar for a period of time. Turn the door ajar alarm on if it is not to verify the door is closing all the way.
- New wine placed in the unit can raise the temperature temporarily. Recovery time depends on how much new wine was added.
- Wait 24 hours for the unit to return to normal temperatures after correcting any or all of the above.
- If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- See also:
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820