- Part number 7020393
- What is the ice maker saddle valve?
- Does Sub-Zero offer, sell, or provide a saddle valve for connecting a water line?
- Who should provide the saddle valve for connecting a Sub-Zero to the home's water supply source?
When installing a Sub-Zero, the water supply line should be connected to the house supply with an easily accessible shut-off valve.
- The shut-off valve is supplied by the plumber when the water supply line is initially installed.
- The valve is usually placed about 6" from the compression fitting.
- It is acceptable to install this behind the kickplate, as long as it is accessible.
- Do not use self-piercing valves. Self-piercing valves will not supply enough water flow to be effective.
- Allow 3' of excess copper tubing to stay outside the wall or floor for easy connection to the unit.
- Sub-Zero offers a water line saddle valve, part number 7020393, as a sales accessory or service part.
See also, Water Line Shut-Off Valve Location.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820