Gas Cooktop Flame Goes Out When Door or Drawer Opens
- How to stop flame from going out when cabinet door or drawer is open near a Gas Cooktop?
- Burner goes out when base cabinet opens
- Burner reignites when cabinet doors open and close
- Oven below unit causes flame to go out when door opens
A high quality, tightly sealed cabinet can create a vacuum condition in the area of the burner where the gas and air mix.
- This normal condition removes the necessary air needed for combustion and the burner could momentarily go out, then immediately reignite.
- The appliance is equipped with an automatic reignition system to relight the burner when a proper gas and air mixture return.
- This is not a safety or performance concern.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820