Pro Hood Install Height from Cooking Surface
- Why does the ventilation hood need to be 30-36" from the surface burners?
- Can the hood be located closer to the countertop than 30"?
- What if the hood is installed higher than 36" from the surface of the cooking product?
- Pro Wall Hood countertop distance
Pro Hood Ventilation Hoods and Liners operate best 30" to 36" from the countertop.
- This distance ensures the best possible capture area to collect and remove grease, odor, smoke, and carbon monoxide emitted by the cooking product from the kitchen.
- Locating a hood closer to the cooking product than 30" or further away than 36" decreases the ability to remove these cooking byproducts efficiently.
- Locating a hood closer to a gas burner can affect burner function by pulling air away from the burner.
- This can cause gas burners to have trouble igniting, or may cause them to not function at all.
- Gas burners need fresh air around them for proper combustion.
- This applies regardless of the cooking product installed below the ventilation hood.
For further ventilation information, refer to:
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820