Use Wolf Electric Oven Without a Bake Element
- Can a Wolf Electric oven be used without the bake element?
- Use a L Series, E Series, M Series, Dual Fuel Range, or Induction Range oven with a bake element that is not working
- The bake element is not working, can the oven still be used?
A Wolf electric oven can be used if the bake element is not working.
- Use Convection Mode.
- In Convection Mode, the bake element is only used during preheat.
- The oven will take longer to preheat without the bake element working.
Turkey with Convection Only:
- One 13 to 15 lb (6 to 7 kg) unbrined fresh turkey
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1 apple
- 1 onion
- Mixed herbs (thyme, rosemary, and sage) for stuffing
- One day before roasting, rub the turkey inside and out, except for the wings, with Kosher salt. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- 3.5 hours before roasting, remove from refrigerator and let temper on counter at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to CONVECTION at 375°F (190°C).
- If desired, stuff the turkey with the sliced apple, onion, and herbs.
- Place temperature probe in the thickest part of the breast, and set internal temperature to 165°F (74°C).
- Cook until breast reaches set temperature (approximately 2 hours, 15 min for a 15 lb (7 kg) bird).
- When breast reaches set temperature, remove from oven and use probe to check that the thigh is also at 165°F (74°C).
- Let rest on the counter, loosely covered with foil, for at least 20 minutes.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820