Downdraft Chimney Troubleshooting
- Downdraft clicking or grinding as chimney raises or lowers
- Downdraft chimney drops down, no longer lowers slowly
- Downdraft unstable, wobbles, hesitates, shakes, vibrates when raising or retracting
- Improper installation
- Downdraft chimney out of alignment
- Gear motor
- Crank assembly
- Faulty user interface (control) or communication cable
- Electrical supply issue
- If Downdraft recently installed, make sure installation completed to specification. Refer to:
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 10 seconds then back on again then retest the unit operation.
- Unplug the communication cable from the Downdraft & control; plug the communication cable back into the control and Downdraft.
- Make sure nothing is prohibiting path of Downdraft chimney.
- Make sure grille and filters are installed properly; refer to Downdraft Ventilation (DD) Use and Care Guide.
- Do not attempt to manually force the Downdraft down into position.
- See also, 14" Downdraft Will not Retract.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820