- Too much food stored in unit preventing proper airflow
- Large amount of moisture producing or wet produce
- High ambient temperatures or high relative humidity
- Product problem causing excess moisture
- Excessive moisture, water, or condensation building up inside unit
- Moisture or condensation puddling beneath the crisper or refrigerator storage drawers
- Condensation forming at the bottom of the refrigerator
- Ice or water forming on the refrigerator floor or leaking beneath the crisper or refrigerator storage drawers
- Fog or condensation on or in drawers or interior shelves
Steps to Verify Issue:
- If the door is left open for a period of time, condensation is normal inside a unit on the interior glass of a glass door model and on the shelving or drawers.
- In warm climates, this is easier to notice.
- Keep the door closed, and fogging will resolve on its own.
- Open the door or drawer and inspect the unit gasket.
- If the gasket is ripped, torn, or damaged, replace it. See Door Gasket Replacement.
- If moisture is leaking or seeping from the gasket, thoroughly clean and dry the gasket.
- Inspect the back wall of unit for condensation, frost, or ice build-up.
- Refer to Ice Forming on Back Wall of Refrigerator.
- Remove the crisper drawer and crisper shelf assembly. If equipped, remove all lower storage drawers as well to inspect for condensation, water, or ice near, behind, or underneath the drawer(s).
- Food debris, standing water, or ice buildup in the drain trough or drain tube found along the back wall may cause standing water on the floor, and the drain tube may be clogged.
- This can cause water to sit up against the door gasket, causing the water to drip from the gasket on to the floor when the door is opened.
- Clear any standing water or ice.
- Clean the drain tube if possible.
- The drain trough and drain tube are visible only on 200, 300, 500, or 600 Series units. Refer to 200/300-500-600 Series Refrigerator Drain Tube Cleaning.
- For 400 Series Wine Storage, 700 Series, 648PRO, and Classic (formerly Built-In) Series, refer to Drain Tube Cleaning (BI-700-400-648PRO Series).
- There is not a humidity control on storage drawers other than models 542 and 561. See 542 and 561 Crisper Drawer Humidity Setting for more information.
- If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820