- How to clean residue or remove scratches from porcelain black top
- Why does the drip tray not come clean?
- Black porcelain top or burner pan extrusions discolored, chipping, or bubbling
- What is the best way to clean a spill on the drip tray?
- How to clean the drip pan
Black porcelain burner pans or tops may stain and discolor with normal use.
- Do not allow food with a high sugar or acid content (i.e. milk, tomatoes, fruit juices) to remain on any porcelain enamel surface as they can cause a permanent dull spot.
- Never wipe a warm or hot porcelain surface with a damp cloth or sponge as this may cause chipping or crazing (hairline cracks).
- Wolf does not recommend polishing the porcelain tops as the intense heat combined with polish ingredients may damage the finish.
- If pans or pan extrusions are scratched, there is no repair. Replacement is the only option.
- Dual Fuel Range and Sealed Burner Rangetop black porcelain tops can not be removed for cleaning underneath.
- If cleaning tips below do not work, spot or baked-on spills are likely permanent.
To clean black porcelain tops:
- Pry the pan extrusion up using a small butter knife or flat blade screwdriver, being careful not to scratch the surface.
- Remove surface debris.
- Use mild abrasive cleaner, spray degreaser, or S.O.S.® Steel Wool Soap Pad to clean.
- Rinse the surface.
- Dry immediately to avoid streaking.
- To clean hard water stains, use white vinegar and water (1:1). Rinse and dry immediately.
- Refer to the Wolf Cleaning Reference Guide for detailed instruction by surface type.
- See also, Dual Fuel and Sealed Burner Grates Cleaning Video.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order replacement parts or contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820