- What ovens have a slow opening door, dampened hinge, or balanced hinge system?
- Oven door falls open too fast or too hard
- Oven door slams open
- Is it normal for the door on an R Series Gas Range to drop open?
- When did the door on an R Series Gas Range change?
- What is the serial number break for the new door hinge system on the R Series Gas Range?
- Can you retrofit the new door hinge system to units prior to 17000000?
Steps to Verify Issue:
Oven door opening operation varies by product line.
Dual Fuel (DF) Ranges, GR Series Gas Ranges, IR Induction Ranges, M Series, and L Series Wall Ovens
- Products use a spring and damper system, which allows the door to open smoothly with ease to a full open position.
- If the oven door falls open too fast or easily the spring, and damper door system may be damaged.
- M Series Oven doors have additional features. See also, M Series Oven Door.
E Series Wall Ovens
- E Series Ovens feature a balanced hinge design, which allows the door to stay in any specific opened position.
R Series Gas Range
- The hinge has changed over time on this model, so the unit might open differently depending on its serial number.
- Starting with serial # 17000000, products use a damper door hinge to provide a slower and gentler door opening.
- Prior to serial # 17000000, the door dropped open more quickly. This is normal operation.
- The damper door hinge system is not retrofitable to units prior to 17000000.
- Oven Door Does Not Close
- Full-Extension Ball-Bearing Rack for Gas Ranges Dual Fuel Ranges and Ovens
- Oven Door Adjustment
- Clean Oven Glass
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for more information.
No further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820