- How long does a door need to be open before the door ajar alarm beeps? Can this time be adjusted?
- Can you adjust the volume of the door ajar alarm?
- How do you turn the door alarm off or on in a BI model? Can you disable the door ajar alarm?
- Does the door ajar alarm work for the refrigerator and freezer?
- Why is the door ajar alarm only working for the refrigerator or freezer side?
- Door ajar alarm going off even with door closed; causes of door ajar alarm
- Door alarm or bell icon flashing
Classic (formerly Built-In) Alarm
To turn the door ajar alarm on or off on Classic products, press the alarm key on the control panel.
Door Alarm Tips
- The door ajar alarm sounds after 30 to 60 seconds of the door opening (time varies by product).
- The amount of time before the alarm sounds and the door ajar alarm volume are not adjustable.
- Classic Series door alarm tone and pitch are adjustable. See Classic Audible Tone Adjustment.
- The alarm monitors both the refrigerator and freezer door(s) and drawer(s).
- When the door ajar alarm is on, the bell icon appears in the display panel indicating it is working.
- When the door ajar alarm is on and the door is left ajar, the alarm icon flashes.
- When the door ajar alarm is off, the bell icon does not appear in the display panel.
- The alarm sounds until the door is closed, or the alarm is turned off on the control panel. Press the Alarm key to turn the alarm off.
- For Designer (formerly Integrated) refrigeration products, see Designer Door or Drawer Ajar Alarm.
Door Ajar Alarm Troubleshooting
Beeping With Door Closed
- If the door ajar alarm sounds and the door appears closed, something is blocking the door from closing. See Door Will Not Close and Silencing Alarm on Classic (BI) Series Refrigeration Product for tips to resolve this issue.
- Power down the unit at the control panel using the unit on/off button.
- With the unit off, monitor for 15 - 30 minutes to see if the beeping continues.
- Restore power to the unit. If the beeping continued with the power supply to the unit turned off, the noise is not coming from the refrigerator.
- Often beeping noises thought to come from a Sub-Zero are from another appliance in the kitchen such as a dishwasher, garbage disposal or oven. Verify the other appliances in the kitchen are not the cause of the noise.
- If the alarm is coming from the product and still does not stop with the door closed firmly, the door switch at the top or bottom of the door near the hinge may not be closing properly. Factory Certified Service is required to resolve this issue. Contact them to setup an appointment for repair.
Door Ajar Icon on But Chime Does Not Sound
- If the door ajar alarm icon is on but the chime does not sound, or if the chime has become hard to hear, reset the breaker for 10 seconds.
- If the alarm works for only one side, refrigerator or freezer, the alarm is sensing the door switch. If the door is slightly open but the switch is not sensed as open, the alarm may not work.
- Opening the door fully and see if alarm turns on after one minute.
- If the door ajar icon still appears after the steps above are complete, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- Classic Series Displays d0 0r
- Classic Series with Service Icon Steady or Wrench Flashing with Alarm Chiming
- Sub-Zero Light Terminators - Safety feature that helps to prevent high temperatures in a unit by turning the lights off.
- Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820