- Normal icemaker / water valve operation
- Jammed icecube in icemaker assembly / blocking ice ejector
- Lack of water flowing through water valve
- Drain pump and water pump in Undercounter icemakers
- Unit makes clicking or grinding noise every 2-3 hours.
- Sub-Zero makes loud water gushing noise.
- Water line or icemaker is not connected, but water valve or icemaker continue to make noise.
Steps to Verify Issue:
- The icemaker and water valve will make noise during operation.
- On average, these noises may be heard every 2-3 hours, more often if the MAX ICE feature is activated (BI Series only).
- Undercounter icemakers produce a batch of ice as often as every 20 minutes and continue to make noise as they produce and eject ice cubes.
- Undercounter icemakers also have water and drain pumps that make noise during operation.
- A banging noise may be heard when the water valve snaps shut.
- These noises are considered normal operation.
- If noises are unusual, or icemaker has stopped working, refer to No Ice Production Troubleshooting or Undercounter Icemaker Troubleshooting.
- If water line or icemaker is reported as not connected; ensure icemaker is turned off.
- For undercounter icemakers, see UC-15I(P) Undercounter Icemaker Noise.
- See also 532 542 561 Icemaker On Off Switch.
Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820