- What type of material should the water supply line be made of?
- Should the water supply line be copper, braided stainless steel, PEX tubing, or another type of material?
- Can a self piercing-water valve be used?
- Should the unit be plumbed to hot or cold water?
- Will hooking the unit up to hot water cause damage?
Water supply lines to a Sub-Zero should be 1/4" OD copper, braided stainless steel, or PEX tubing material.
- The water supply line should be connected to the house supply with an easily accessible shut-off valve.
- Use a saddle valve, do not use a self-piercing valve.
- Installation must comply with all applicable plumbing codes.
- Sub-Zero recommends connecting the unit to cold water. Cold water supply will make ice faster and dispense colder water.
- It is not suggested to use a flushing valve to periodically flush the water line due to low water supply.
- Consult a plumber for home water supply connection installation and any issues that are related to the home water supply. See Blue or Green Ice Cubes or White Flecks in Ice.
- For more information about connecting water lines, see also:
Refer to the product Installation Guide for further installation information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820