Replace Existing Sub-Zero Classic (BI) Dispenser Model with New Classic (BI) Dispenser Model
- Are the panels, opening size, electrical requirements, and water location the same for existing and new Classic (BI) dispenser models?
- Will panels transfer from an old unit to a new unit?
- BI-42SD, BI-48SD compatibility
- Can panels be reused on a new unit?
- Replace a dispenser model prior to serial number 4520000 with a dispenser model starting with serial number 4520000
- The panels from existing SD models will fit new SD models.
- The footprint of the dispenser changed, and the appearance of the panel around the dispenser may not look like the rest of the custom panel.
- Some ghosting may be visible on the panel.
- If a thicker panel was routed to work with the old dispenser, the new dispenser will work. However, it may not be the same flush look.
- Old dispenser has a curved front surface. The new dispenser is flat.
- New custom panels may be needed depending on cutout and possible ghosting.
- See also, Install New Classic (BI) Dispenser on Existing Dispenser Model.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820