Sub-Zero Door Gasket Demagnetization
- Can the refrigerator door gasket be demagnetized?
- How to demagnetize the refrigerator door gasket
- Refrigerator or freezer door gasket demagnetization instructions
- Door is very hard to open
- Does demagnetization wear off?
In rare situations, if a door is too difficult to pull open, demagnetizing the door gasket may reduce the force needed to open the door.
- Demagnetizing the refrigerator door is not a common procedure. Contact a Factory Certified Service technician to complete this repair.
- Door gasket demagnetization does not wear off, so if the strong door pull returns, contact Factory Certified Service as another problem may exist.
- See also, Sub-Zero Door Difficult to Open.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820