- How do you clean the condenser?
- "Service" or "Vacuum Condenser" is flashing
- Undercounter Sub-Zero is running constantly or not cooling
- Sub-Zero temperatures are warm or hot
- Is there a chemical cleaner or degreaser that can be used to clean the condenser?
- UC Series, 249, 245, 505, 506, 315I, UC-15I, 424, UW-24 and 315W condenser cleaning instructions
Clean the condenser every six to twelve months. Failure to clean the condenser could result in temperature loss or mechanical failure or damage.
If further instruction is needed, use these instructions to clean the condenser:
- Address any error code messages on the control panel display first. Search for information about the specific error to resolve it.
- Touch POWER on the control panel to turn the unit off. Turn the control knob down past 1 to OFF if the unit does not have a control panel.
- Remove the screws on both sides of the kickplate.
- Use a soft bristle brush attachment and vacuum to remove dust and lint from the condenser area.
- A paint brush, air compressor on a low setting, or a can of compressed air also work to clean the condenser.
- Condenser cleaning chemicals and degreaser are available from several suppliers and online, they are not necessary to clean a Sub-Zero condenser and are not recommended by Sub-Zero.
- A limited number of units had a protective screen in front of the condenser.
- The screen cannot be removed as it is part of the sealed system, vacuum it the same as the condenser.
- If there is a build-up of dust or debris behind the screen that the vacuum does not reach, use an air compressor on a low setting or a can of compressed air to blow the condenser clean.
- Turn unit on and monitor temperatures. It may take up to 24 hours for temperatures to return to normal after condenser cleaning.
- For additional information, refer to:
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair. Share any service indicators and current temperatures with the service company.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820