- How do you clean the condenser?
- "Service" or "Vacuum Condenser" is flashing
- Undercounter Sub-Zero is running constantly or not cooling
- Sub-Zero temperatures are warm or hot
- Is there a chemical cleaner or degreaser that can be used to clean the condenser?
- UC Series, 249, 245, 505, 506, 315I, UC-15I, 424, UW-24 and 315W Condenser Cleaning Instructions
To clean a Sub-Zero condenser:
- Address any Error Codes (EC) messages first.
- Turn the unit off at the control panel or control knob.
- Remove the screws on both sides of the kickplate.
- Using a soft bristle brush attachment on a vacuum, remove dust and lint from the condenser area.
- A paint brush, air compressor on a low setting, or a can of compressed air also work to clean the condenser.
- Condenser cleaning chemicals and degreaser are available from several suppliers and online, they are not necessary to clean a Sub-Zero condenser and are not recommended by Sub-Zero.
- A limited number of units had a protective screen in front of the condenser.
- The screen cannot be removed as it is part of the sealed system, vacuum it the same as the condenser.
- If there is a build-up of dust or debris behind the screen that the vacuum does not reach, use an air compressor on a low setting or a can of compressed air to blow the condenser clean.
- Turn unit on and monitor temperatures.
- It may take up to 24 hours for temperatures to return to normal after condenser cleaning.
- Condenser cleaning use and care videos are also available:
- For additional information, refer to:
- Clean the condenser every six to twelve months.
- Failure to clean the condenser could result in temperature loss or mechanical failure or damage.
- See also, Sub-Zero Face Frame is Hot
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair. Share any service indicators and current temperatures with the service company.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820