Skip to main content

Boost 208 Volt Power for Domestic Use


  • Can a booster or a buck and boost transformer increase 208 volts to 220 volts?
  • Can Dual Fuel Ranges, Electric or Induction Cooktops, or Wall Ovens use boost transformers to increase electrical supply when only 208 V is available?
  • Increase electrical supply, voltage


The buck boost transformer is the Wolf-approved method for increasing voltage to an appliance.

  • An electrical contractor should select buck boost transformers for use on any Wolf product.
  • Questions regarding installation of the buck boost transformer should be directed to the electrical contractor.
  • Wolf also offers an Electric Cooktop for 208 V and recommends purchasing this product when using 208 V for best performance.
  • For information on how to check 208 vs. 240 voltage in the home, refer to Determining 208 Volt or 240 Volt Electrical Service.
  • Buck boost transformers are available to purchase online or from local electrical supply warehouses.

Refer to the product Installation Guide for further information.


Need further assistance? Contact Customer Care at 800.222.7820 or provide your information below and request a Customer Care representative contact you.

Ask Your Question

We're standing by with answers

Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.


Call us at (800) 222-7820