- Ice is sticking together in the ice bin
- Ice will not dispense because it is fused together
- Ongoing issues with clumping ice in ice bin
Steps to Verify Issue:
For clumping ice cubes in any dispenser model, verify the following first:
- Clean the Condenser.
- Verify freezer setpoint is 00°F or lower.
- Verify doors and door seals are free of tears and debris.
- Verify the mullion chute door that delivers ice from the freezer to the dispenser operates freely (opens and closes).
- Make sure the ice maker is always left on.
- The more ice dispensed, the less it will clump – if unused, even for a period of a few days, ice will fuse together as the freezer runs through defrost cycles.
- Empty, rinse, and dry the ice bin 1-2 times per month in order to remove the ice particles created from auger movement.
- Make sure water filter replaced as required.
- Verify water pressure to unit is steady between 20 – 100 psi, for Classic (formerly Built-In) (BI) models 35 - 120 psi.
Some clumping is normal, if a shake of the ice bin frees the ice cubes, it is probably normal ice clumping.
See also, Ice Clumping Together in Ice Bin.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820