- How much ice does an ice maker produce?
- How many pounds of ice does the ice bin hold?
- How long does it take to fill the ice bucket or to make ice when a unit is first turned on?
- How long does it take for the icemaker to call for water after the ice maker water line has been defrosted?
- How often does IM call for water?
- Which products have Max Ice?
Standard ice production in Sub-Zero in-unit ice makers is 64-96 ice cubes per day.
- It may take 2 days to fill an ice bucket when empty.
- An average glass holds about 10-12 ice cubes.
- 6-8 glasses of ice will empty the bucket after 24 hours of ice production.
- Ice makers produce 4.6 oz of ice, or 8 ice cubes, per harvest (each cube is 0.575 oz) every 2-3 hours.
- In-unit ice makers will stop producing ice once the bucket is full.
- Undercounter Ice Makers continuously produce ice, as unused ice melts and drains out.
- When a unit is turned on or if the unit has been manually defrosted, it may take up to 24 hours to produce ice, including Undercounter Ice Makers.
- There is no set default time for when the ice maker calls for water.
- Refer to Slow Ice Production for more information.
If equipped, the ice production may be increased by initiating the Max Ice feature.
- Max Ice is only available on Classic (formerly Built-In) and Designer (formerly Integrated) models with ice makers.
- Ice production cannot be adjusted in any other way. Max Ice is the only feature that will affect production.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820