- Is it normal for the Induction Cooktop or Induction Range to make a pulsing, buzzing, or clicking noise when on low power but not on high power?
- Induction Cooktop or Induction Range making loud sound when on
- Induction Cooktop or Induction Range louder when burners on high settings
Steps to Verify Issue:
Induction Cooktop or Induction Range clicking when not in use:
- Induction-ready cookware stored on the cooktop when not in use may cause clicking. Remove all objects from the cooktop.
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 10 seconds then back on again.
- Retest the unit operation.
- If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further customer troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
It is possible to hear a pulsing, buzzing, or clicking noise from the Induction Cooktop or Induction Range when used on a low-power setting and not on a higher power setting.
- This is due to the magnetic fields in use and is normal.
- The clicking noise is not always heard on high due to the magnetic fields in use on the product.
- The operational noises will also increase with power increases to burners and may be different with various pots and pans used on the cooking surface.
- Service will not be able to stop or correct this normal, operational noise.
- Units on display at a showroom will not make this noise, as burner operation is disabled when in a dealer showroom.
- See also, Dimmer Switches and Solar Panels Near Induction Cooktops.
- If noise increases significantly over time, contact service.
- Normal operation would not cause normal noise levels to change.
- Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
- If unit is not heating, refer to Induction Cooktop Does Not Work.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820