- Food is burning or cooking too quickly
- Oven temperature is extremely hot or cold compared to set temperature
- What is the max temperature on the oven or griddle knob for a gas range?
- What is the difference between small oven, large oven, and griddle temperature knobs?
- Oven temperature is off by approximately 50° or more
Steps to Verify Issue:
If the oven temperature of an R or GR Series Gas Range is off on a unit that has more than one oven or has a griddle, verify that the correct knob has been installed for the correct component.
- For both R and GR Series Gas Ranges, the large (30") oven knob has a max temperature of 500° F and has "BROIL."
- The small (18") oven knob has a max temperature of 500° F and does not have "BROIL."
- The griddle knob has a max temperature of 450° F and does not have "BROIL."
- A double griddle will have two knobs.
Oven temperatures will cycle up and down causing a fluctuation in actual temperature, although the displayed or set temperature will not change.
- Refer to Oven Temperature Issue for additional information.
- See also:
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
GET EXPERT SUPPORT, 24/7
Whether you’re shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we’ve got the resources you need. Talk direct to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820