Change Sub-Zero Door Hinge Side
- Why can the door swing on a Sub-Zero not be changed?
- On a 500, 600, 700, 400, Classic Series (BI), Classic Wine (BW), or Undercounter Wine (UW) can the door be reversed?
- Can the door swing on a Legacy Undercounter Series (UC), Designer Undercounter (DEU), Undercounter Ice Maker, Designer (IT, IC), or Designer Wine (IW) be switched?
- Change Sub-Zero door swing from left hinge to right hinge or from right hinge to left hinge
- Reverse door, reverse door swing, or reverse door hinge
The door swing of a Sub-Zero cannot be changed on most models. There is no hinge mechanism, mounting plate, or support to hold the door on the non-hinge side.
- The models listed in the table below may have the door swing reversed after installation. Any model not listed is not able to have the door reversed.
- Only the UC-15I Ice Maker may have the door reversed in the field. It is not possible to change the door swing of all other Legacy UC Undercounter Models. See UC-24 Door Swing Reversal.
- Additional parts are needed to change most door swings to the opposite side. Contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order parts.
- Freestanding Undercounter Wine Storage units are only available as right hinge units. Refer to Freestanding Undercounter Wine Storage Hinge Options for more information.
249R, 249RP, 244RFD
Starting with serial # 0356747
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820