Reverse Door Swing on 315I Undercounter Ice Maker
- How do you change the door swing on a 315I(P)?
- Are any special parts needed to change the door swing on the undercounter ice maker?
- Does the 315I(P) come with all the parts needed to hinge the unit on the other side?
The 315I(P) Undercounter Ice Maker is shipped with the door hinged at the right but may be reversed to the other side if needed.
- IMPORTANT NOTE:
- The plastic molding which covers the top area of the door, packaged with the ice machine, is required for this procedure.
- If the plastic molding has been discarded, a new one will have to be ordered from a Factory Certified Parts Distributor.
- Refer to UC-15I(P)O & 315I(P) Ice Maker Hinge Parts for additional part information.
Steps to reverse the door swing:
- Remove the hinge cover.
- Remove the door by removing the four screws that secure the door to the door hinges.
- Remove the door hinges by removing the four screws that secure them to the unit.
- Remove the four screws from the opposite hinge side (or left-hand hinge mounting holes) and reposition into the right-hand hinge mounting holes.
- Install the hinges using the left-hand cabinet mounting holes.
- Install the door using the left-hand door mounting holes.
- Remove the two screws which secure the upper door panel mounting bracket.
- Install the upper door panel mounting bracket using the left-hand mounting holes.
- Install the left-hand door hinge cover with the original screws.
- Check the operation of the door by opening and closing it.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820