Stained Backsplash or Riser
- Gas Range currently has island trim and the tile behind the unit is staining
- Will a riser vent forward more than the 5" to help prevent future tile staining?
- How to you clean discoloration of the riser?
- Why does the riser have burn marks on it?
- Discolored back splash or scorch marks on riser
To Prevent Staining
Risers elevate oven exhaust higher up the back wall to the ventilation hood.
- Any tile staining is likely from high heat from the back burners, as well from the oven exhaust, especially if only using island trim against the wall.
- Tile or riser can be hot to the touch when the oven or surface burners are in use.
- A 5", 10", or 20" riser can help prevent tile staining; however, it is possible that the riser itself may stain.
To Remove Staining from Stainless Steel
Penny Brite® is recommended for removing burn marks from stainless steel risers and is available as cookware cleaner in most home goods stores.
- It is the same product used to clean burn marks from pots and pans and is sold under many brand names.
- Always wipe Penny Brite® with the direction of the stainless steel grain to avoid scratches.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820