Downdraft Chimney Raises or Lowers When Not in Use
- Downdraft chimney raises or lowers on its own when not in use
- Downdraft chimney rises without the blower motor running
- Downdraft lowers without touching controls
- Improper installation
- Downdraft chimney out of alignment
- Gear motor
- Crank assembly
- Faulty user interface (control) or communication cable
- Electrical supply issue
- If the downdraft was recently installed, ensure the installation is completed to specification. Refer to:
- Reset power at the power supply source.
- Unplug the communication cable from the Downdraft and the control.
- Plug the communication cable back into the Downdraft and the control.
- Ensure the grille and filters are installed properly. See Cooktop Downdraft (DD) Use and Care Guide.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820