- Why does a Sub-Zero sporadically shut off?
- Sub-Zero refrigerator or freezer shuts off by itself
- Refrigerator or freezer turns off by itself
- Sub-Zero powers off by itself
Steps to Verify Issue:
Classic (formerly Built-In) series units power off after initial start-up. 648PRO models will run a self-test periodically.
If the unit lights are off, but it is still cooling, see also:
- If the door was left open for an extended time, such as for cleaning, refer to Sub-Zero Light Terminators.
- Sub-Zero Interior Lights Turned Off
- Refrigerator Lights or Light Switch Not Working
- Classic Series Lights Not Working but Unit Running
To troubleshoot a Sub-Zero unit that is shutting off by itself:
- Make sure the unit's electrical supply meets specifications. If using generator-supplied power, refer to Sub-Zero Generator Considerations.
- Confirm the unit is turned on.
- On electronic control panels, press the On/Off button or Power button to turn the unit on.
- Some models show "O FF" when the unit is off.
- On dial models (200/300, 500), verify the dial has not been turned to OFF.
- Verify the unit door or drawer was not left open for an extended period of time. If equipped, verify the door ajar alarm is being used.
- Verify the light switch is operational.
- Verify the unit is not in Sabbath Mode.
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 10 seconds then back on again.
- Retest the unit operation.
- Verify the unit's power cord is securely plugged into a dedicated electrical outlet by unplugging the unit, then plug back into the outlet.
- Verify electrical outlet has power by plugging in a different appliance, extension cord, or phone charger to test.
- Verify unit is not connected to a GFCI.
- Make sure other appliances or outlets are working in the room.
- 700BC, 700BR, 700BF, and drawer section of 427R make sure wire harness (control cable) is securely inserted into back wall of cabinet and control panel.
- If the Sub-Zero continues to shut itself off after following these steps, service is needed to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820